Job Site, Dice.com published a 2015 Salary Survey of the highest paying Tech jobs in the world, they surveyed a total of 23,470 IT Professionals. I am not if Nigerians were taken account off. In my opinion, if you really love Technology, and you are planning on starting your career soon, you should not be looking at following the crowd but if all you want is a decent pay consider going for a course that would be needed in the future when Technology finally takes over everything.
Dice decided to share this survey with everyone, however we all know that Skills doesn’t really lead to getting a good job especially in a country like Nigeria, but it is a stepping stone and it gives you an edge over others. Also, it is not only about having these skills, you must apply these skills.
With that said, here are the top tech skills that can put you at an advantage and, of course, make you earn more.
- PCI (Peripheral Component Interconnect) is worth $ 100,445
- C++ is worth $ 101,586
- Oracle DB is worth $ 101,189
- Microsoft Project is worth $101,875
- Visual C++ is worth $102,490
- Fortran is worth $102,592
- Java/J2EE is worth $102,889
- Business Intelligence is worth $ 103,871
- Azure is worth $105,395
- MicroStrategy is worth $109,069
- Ruby is worth $105,714
- CloudStack is worth $115,043
- Cloud Computing is worth $104,372
- OpenStack is worth $116,047
- ABAP (Advanced Business Application Programming) is worth $124,262
- SDN (Software Defined Network) is worth $113,796
- IDMS (Integrated Database Management System) is worth $113,471
- JSP (JavaServer Pages) is worth $113,207
- NoSQL is worth $118,587
- Data Architect is worth $118,104